WeMixAllUp creates a forum for all who interest to retail
original and second hand items.

WeMixAlllUp creates a platform for all STUDENTS
to unite and as a assembly point
to discuss, share and comment
about any current issues.

Join Us, We Unite and MixAllUp!
WeMixAllUp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(WTA) Where can i get the best 'Kek Lapis' in Miri?

+4
gideon0412
cindy_nakasone
sheep319
Jingga
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

(WTA) Where can i get the best 'Kek Lapis' in Miri? Empty (WTA) Where can i get the best 'Kek Lapis' in Miri?

Post by Jingga Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:14 pm

I want to know where in miri got sale kek lapis? How much is the price? Somehow i feel like getting some huhuhu Surprised

Jingga
Private
Private

http://auummm.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

(WTA) Where can i get the best 'Kek Lapis' in Miri? Empty Re: (WTA) Where can i get the best 'Kek Lapis' in Miri?

Post by sheep319 Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:33 pm

kek lapis is available in the saberkas pasar malam. if you can find someone to go there lah. eheh.

sheep319
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

(WTA) Where can i get the best 'Kek Lapis' in Miri? Empty Re: (WTA) Where can i get the best 'Kek Lapis' in Miri?

Post by cindy_nakasone Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:17 am

saberkas kek lapis not very good bcoz dey use majerin/ planta instead of butter which made d cake doesn't smell dat good... i suggest u go to habibi cake shop for a gd kek lapis sarawak... its quite costly bt its worth it... hot cross bun also sell kek lapis... d best is to get a homemade kek lapis which doesn't sell it commercially... i only knw my aunty sell it... mb got other ppl sell it as well...

cindy_nakasone
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post by gideon0412 Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:30 pm

u can try go indoor stadium there cuz nw puasa n there gt many stall at there...
gideon0412
gideon0412
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post by cindy_nakasone Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:31 am

stall usually doesn't smell and taste nice. try habibi cake shop. i remember dey hv two shop. one nxt to petronas near bintang plaza and one is at airport.

cindy_nakasone
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post by ningning Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:37 am

yup yup the airport! get to see colorful kek lapis lying there to be eaten haha Laughing
ningning
ningning
Admin
Admin

http://ningloveyou.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cindy_nakasone Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:43 pm

ya, d airport branch is the obvious one... i heard a good review abt their kek lapis... hehe!

cindy_nakasone
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post by ningning Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:56 pm

haven try any kek lapis yet.. maybe i should try it somedays hehe Laughing
ningning
ningning
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cindy_nakasone Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:36 am

yea, u shud try... ignore d how many eggs dey use for d cake... haha! usuali a lot during raya... visit ur fren who celebr8 raya during raya festive later to get free kek lapis... and ketupat... hehe!

cindy_nakasone
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post by ningning Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:05 am

you are right... should ignore the ingredients haha Cool afterall i am not taking it daily~ but it is kinda tooooo pretty for me to put into my mouth haha Laughing
ningning
ningning
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cindy_nakasone Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:13 am

i meant for us to eat anyway... have a tour during raya for free kek lapis... every house serve different type of kek lapis... seriously, there is a lot of them with many unique name such as kuch kuch hota hei.... seriously! not joke! haha!

cindy_nakasone
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebi Isidiro Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:39 am

and kek lapis astro... and kek lapis apollo (the design looks like a rocket, seriously!)
Ebi Isidiro
Ebi Isidiro
Private
Private

http://www.kabamodern.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ningning Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:16 pm

Ohhh so many cutie-cute name and i am not aware of hahah Laughing guess it requires lots of skills in making them... maybe shall learn to make it... one fine day laaa~ Razz
ningning
ningning
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cindy_nakasone Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:17 pm

and they have kek lapis holiday inn! as well as kek lapis roda impian because during that time the wheel of fortune show malaysia version is popular by that time.

oh ya, it is too complicated to make it especially the one with pattern. bake, layer, cut, paste with jam then bake again. one cake took about 3-4 hours to bake. the simple kek lapis took a long time to make it as well. the ingredients, you better check out the recipe at popular bookstore there. hehe!

cindy_nakasone
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post by ningning Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:15 pm

seriously sounds complicated... a lil shakey with my previous decision.. maybe i should just buy and eat instead of baking it myself haha
ningning
ningning
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cindy_nakasone Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:10 am

its worth it to learn how to bake d cake u knw... u can mk money ma if u good at it... one cake usuali sell almost rm100... coz d ingredient is a lot and complicated to do... d cost cn say more thn u bake cheesecake... learn d basic kek lapis... its fun! Smile sarawak also got non layer cake one like Black Cake. Black Cake seriously taste very nice oh. Better than chocolate cake. =) Its pretty simple to do coz no nd to layer it. If want it to look nice, put layer lo bt different colouring la.. haha!

cindy_nakasone
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post by ningning Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:18 am

Black cake! *woot woot* now i am interested in this new thingy Very Happy made of what? cocoa? yea, am from semenanjung msia, maybe after graduate can sell cake for side income bwahahahah Cool
ningning
ningning
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cindy_nakasone Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:54 pm

i forgot the ingredients as i lost my little cake recipe book... I know the main ingredient are butter, caster sugar, cocoa powder, browning sugar (gula hitam browning), eggs, condensed milk, horlick, kaya, self-raising flour or wheat flour and ya, dats all i can remember...

cindy_nakasone
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post by ningning Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:23 pm

lots of stuff needa buy *drool* Rolling Eyes it is ok, and thanks so much for trying to recall the ingredients needed hehe Smile i shall go google for the ingredients during holidays and try baking it Laughing
ningning
ningning
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cindy_nakasone Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:25 pm

the ingredients actuali not many bt d quantity of each ingredient is many esp eggs... u nd like almost a case for each cake... it depend on the cake la... i think for black cake is around 4 - 6 eggs... i guess... thn kaya jst one small tin of it... condensed milk roughly one cup like dat...

cindy_nakasone
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post by ningning Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:09 pm

u seems to be kinda expert yea~ Cool kek lapis family business Question *curious curious* heheh
anyway, thanks so much for sharing the info Smile
ningning
ningning
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cindy_nakasone Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:52 am

im just helping doing d kek lapis last time n my aunty involve in kek lapis business... she received a lot of order now... hehe! im not an expert but i knw abt d kek lapis thingy from my aunt, grandma and recipe book... for nw i jst bake cookies bt later maybe i will try to bake kek lapis but the simple one. haha!

cindy_nakasone
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post by ningning Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:33 am

can get the recipe for me? isit family recipe that cant be revealed... then is alright Smile
ningning
ningning
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cindy_nakasone Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:04 pm

i duno d recipe dats d thing... hahaha! its like d sarawak's recipe... if its available in search database thn it can be revealed thn.... kek lapis recipe alone ody been revealed via books... haha!

cindy_nakasone
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post by ningning Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:26 pm

okies:) then i needa read tru books... kinda lazy now.. next time haha
ningning
ningning
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next